Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Letters of My Life: A is for ADD

I've had ADD (which is like ADHD, but without the H of hyperactivity) all my life, however I got diagnosed only about half year ago, at age of 25. Getting the diagnosis felt extremely weird but at the same time it helped me to understand many things. Also the medicine has increased my ability to concentrate. Which has been a huge deal for me, especially when it comes to studies. I can handle the uncomfortable social situations when I'm supposed to listen but can't concentrate at all. Because I'm so used to them. But at studies it's double as uncomfortable when you can't concentrate no matter how hard you tried.

For a person with AD(H)D it's not a matter of will or amount of interest to the subject but a neurological inability to concentrate, and it can't be effected with willpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment