Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Letters of My Life: B is for Books


I love to read, yet I’m slow with it thanks to the ADD. It takes me about 6-12 months to read a book no matter how interesting it is to me. Also I have many books in process at the same time. Currently I’m reading a book about positive psychology, Douglas Coupland’s Jpod, Daniel Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence and Tony Dunderfelt’s Intuition.


Like you can see, I prefer non-fiction books more than fiction. Which is a little bit contradictory for someone who is a fiction writer. Or is it? Anyhow, I’m just so much more interested about non-fiction. It inspires me with my own work so much more than fiction. Even though I love fiction too, but for me it’s more of a way of spending time. Non-fiction helps you to learn new things more actively.


Especially books about psychology related things and occultism are my favorites. I used to read lots of poetry, but lately I haven’t been so much into it. My favorite fiction writer so far has been Douglas Coupland. He has the greatest sense of black and ironic humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment